Plastic surgeon Dr. Stephan Baker knows what a toll the Florida sun and beach time can take on his patients’ skin. He is proud to offer natural-looking facelift results to men and women in Miami who want to look younger and feel more confident in their daily lives. A facelift with Dr. Baker allows patients to achieve more youthful contours and smoother, tighter facial skin.
Cosmetic issues like sagging skin and wrinkles happen to everyone eventually. Time, gravity, sun damage, and other factors ages the skin and causes us to look tired, worried, and much older than we feel. While there are many non-surgical options for improving signs of aging, nothing beats the long-lasting results of a facelift when it comes to revitalizing and rejuvenating the face.
- What is a Facelift?
- Facelift Before and After Photos
- Why Choose a Facelift?
- Candidates for Facelift Surgery
- Preparing for Facelift Surgery
- The Facelift Procedure
- Recovering from a Facelift Procedure
- Facelift Side Effects, Risks, and Complications
- Why Choose Dr. Baker for Your Facelift?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Facelifts
Frequently Asked Questions about Facelifts
There is no “right” age for a facelift. Candidates for this procedure are men and women who want to look younger and have significant sagging skin and wrinkles in the lower two-thirds of the face. The pace of the aging process varies greatly depending on genetics, lifestyle, and environment.
Many of our facelift patients question why they should choose surgical procedures when non-surgical options have become so effective. In some cases, choosing a non-surgical option makes more sense than going with a full facelift. For early signs of aging, it’s just not necessary to undergo an invasive cosmetic surgery procedure.
For patients with more extensive signs of aging, however, non-surgical solutions often aren’t sufficient to help them reach their goals. Surgical procedures like a facelift or a brow lift offer more dramatic, long-lasting results. If you have more significant sagging skin and wrinkles, surgery may be the only way to reach your aesthetic goals.
This classic plastic surgery procedure used to be very “cookie cutter” and would often result in artificial results. Today, however, facelift techniques have evolved and the surgery is now customized to suit the patient’s individual needs. This results in a much more natural appearance and better results for patients.
Plastic surgery incisions are made strategically to minimize visibility. After you have healed and have given your scars time to fade, they should not be noticeable around your ears and in your hairline. It is important to avoid sun exposure during recovery and to use adequate sun protection to avoid skin darkening after surgery.
A healthy lifestyle, including avoiding nicotine products, eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and using sun protection can prolong facelift results and promote long-lasting rejuvenation. You may also want to talk with Dr. Baker about treatments that could extend the life of your facelift, such as microneedling.
If you live near Miami, FL, Dr. Stephan Baker offers facelift among its services and is conveniently located at 3850 Bird Road Suite 702 Miami, FL 33146.
Why Choose Dr. Baker
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, Doctor of Medicine
- General Surgery: Five-Year Residency/Chief Residency, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: Four Year Residency/Chief Residency/Fellowship with Dr. D. Ralph Millard Jr., MD, FACS, Hon. FRCS England, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, Florida
- University of Miami, School of Business Administration, Miami, Florida, Exec. MBA-Health Administration, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society