Do you look youthful and alert? Or do you appear older, tired, or grumpy, even when you feel fine? If you have droopy eyelids or excess skin around your eyes and eyelid, Blepharoplasty can smooth and tighten this critical area. Miami blepharoplasty specialist Stephan Baker MD, FACS is board-certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Baker performs customized upper and lower eyelid surgery, eyebrow lifts as well as other popular cosmetic surgeries at a hospital accredited outpatient surgery center in Miami, Florida.
- What is Blepharoplasty?
- Benefits of Blepharoplasty
- Are You a Candidate for Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery in Miami?
- Your Blepharoplasty Consultation
- Preparing for Blepharoplasty Surgery
- Blepharoplasty Procedure
- Blepharoplasty Recovery
- Risks & Side Effects of Eyelid Surgery
- Why Choose Dr. Baker for Blepharoplasty in Miami?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Call for a Consultation
Why Choose Dr. Baker for Blepharoplasty in Miami?
Dr. Stephan Baker is known as a blepharoplasty expert, emphasizing both honesty and integrity in his practice. He dedicates his time to helping patients look and feel their best with cosmetic eyelid surgery and is also proud to offer beautiful, natural results. Patients can place their trust in Dr. Baker’s skill, artistry, but also his 25 years of experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
For one thing, Dr. Baker places the incisions along the crease of the upper eyelid where they are concealed within the natural fold of the eyelid. The lower eyelid surgery incision is created just along the lash line and is also naturally concealed. An inner incision within the lower eyelid may be created in order to remove excess fat and skin, and this incision is completely hidden.
The eyelid tends to heal better than any other area of the body, meaning that scarring is minimal and usually fades naturally. Dr. Baker will discuss the incisions that he will use during your eyelid surgery, along with any potential for scarring, at your initial consultation.
Cosmetic plastic surgery is not generally covered by medical insurance. Blepharoplasty is typically a cosmetic procedure, therefore, insurance rarely covers it.
If you live near Miami, FL, Dr. Stephan Baker offers blepharoplasty among its services and is conveniently located at 3850 Bird Road Suite 702 Miami, FL 33146.
Non-invasive treatments like Botox for instance, relaxes the muscles around your eyes in the frown and crow’s feet areas and slightly elevated the outer brows, and this may provide some improvement to your eyes. Injectable treatments such as Juvéderm or Restylane fillers may be used to fill under eye hollows and reduce dark shadows.
However, blepharoplasty is still the best and only treatment to tighten the delicate skin on the upper eyelids, remove excess skin, or lift an eyelid that partially covers the eyes, causing vision problems.
Eyelid surgery helps to reverse signs of aging and can improve vision when the surgeon removes excess skin from the upper eyelids. Blepharoplasty can also refresh your eyes with outstanding, long-lasting results that improve the eye area for years. However, the surgery will not prevent future aging.
Why Choose Dr. Baker
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, Doctor of Medicine
- General Surgery: Five-Year Residency/Chief Residency, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: Four Year Residency/Chief Residency/Fellowship with Dr. D. Ralph Millard Jr., MD, FACS, Hon. FRCS England, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, Florida
- University of Miami, School of Business Administration, Miami, Florida, Exec. MBA-Health Administration, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society