- What is a Neck Lift?
- Benefits of a Neck Lift
- Am I a Candidate for a Neck Lift?
- The Neck Lift Consultation
- Preparing for Neck Lift
- A Neck Lift Procedure
- Recovering From Neck Lift
- Possible Side Effects or Risks of a Neck Lift
- Why Should I Choose Dr. Baker to Perform My Neck Lift?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Neck Lift Surgery
Frequently Asked Questions about Neck Lift Surgery
After neck lift surgery, you will have time to rest and recover in privacy. We recommend that you fully recuperate before returning to work or attending public events to conceal the initial bruising and swelling. After the initial recovery is complete, your natural-looking results and camouflaged incisions will allow you to keep your surgery private. You can expect to receive numerous compliments on your appearance because you will look refreshed and rejuvenated.
The results of your neck lift can last years, but the exact number varies from person to person. Dr. Baker will provide you with a better understanding of your surgical expectations and can help you find practical ways to maintain your outstanding results. For example, a proper diet and a regular exercise routine can encourage long-lasting results. In most cases, Dr. Baker’s Miami patients experience neck lift results that last up to 10 years.
A neck lift can be combined with other treatments and is often performed with a facelift to address jowls, double chin, sagging cheeks, soft facial skin, and a sagging neck together in one procedure. Your private consultation with Dr. Baker is the best time to discuss your cosmetic goals and surgical expectations.
Dr. Baker might recommend neck lift combination treatments that may include a chin implant, brow lift or eyelid rejuvenation. Combined treatments produce dramatic results, but neck lift patients receive outstanding results with a neck lift procedure alone.
Neck lift plastic surgery is the only treatment available to address the platysma muscle, excessive skin, severe banding, poor skin elasticity, a turkey wattle and other problematic issues caused by genetics and age.
Liposuction is performed during the neck lift but can also be used alone on younger individuals with good skin tone and isolated fat beneath their chin or along the jawline. Botox can modify the appearance of muscle bands by relaxing the neck muscles. Dr. Baker will provide you with the best treatment options for your specific needs.
Dr. Baker creates a small neck lift incision behind both ears and under the chin, which will fade significantly over time. He is an expert surgeon and specializes in precise incision placement for concealed, limited scarring. It is essential to follow all the recovery instructions to prevent unfavorable scarring and infection.
Why Choose Dr. Baker
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, Doctor of Medicine
- General Surgery: Five-Year Residency/Chief Residency, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, New York
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: Four Year Residency/Chief Residency/Fellowship with Dr. D. Ralph Millard Jr., MD, FACS, Hon. FRCS England, University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, Florida
- University of Miami, School of Business Administration, Miami, Florida, Exec. MBA-Health Administration, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society